Monday, November 14, 2011

bouncing respect off each other's faces

bouncing respect off each other's faces



I have wiped away every tear from your eyes
Each time I made you cry, I also provided you with mercy
I gave you both mercy and cruelty
Both pain and pleasure
I took you to the depths and to the heights
I have shown you great and small things
That which is above and that which is below
Hand in hand we have walked upon the face of the moon
You are a dancing Hindu goddess
Sprinkling blessings upon the earth
It seems that we always get what we need
Before we were drunk with the blood of the saints
Now we drink from the pure waters of god
Always hungry for the good things of life
You were fearful at first
But, then you grew accustomed to the routine
You embraced the daily ritual
I converted you so easily to my religion
Yes, a god must have blood
It is blood that I am missing
Several hours to kill before I dare venture out
Gazing vacantly at the opposite shore of my thoughts
Picking myself up and staggering off
Everything now makes so much sense
The grass seems greener and sky so blue
It is as if my senses have been enhanced
Everything is piqued by the revelation
I have crossed a void deeper than death
Stopping to light a cigarette
Watching the people walk past me
They don’t know
They are ignorant of the truth
Everyone blindly follows the rules
Even those who think they are breaking the rules
Follow along
Your rebellion is controlled and moderated
You put so much hope into small victories
Another win for your column
Wiping your greasy mouth
I do Pee Wee’s dance around the room
Everyone watches
They always do
So they will be on the dinner menu
Moooo
Continue to graze in the pasture
And dream your cow dreams
The butcher is coming
Hail the butcher
His knife is sharp
Ready to cut you down
I will save for you the choicest cuts
Can you sing that song for me again?
You know, the one that I love so much
Sing for me a few lines
I have given you so much
Perched above the crowd
Sitting on the top of a tall building
Watching
Ready to swoop down
Ready to attack
The weak trust in their safety
I enter the ballroom with you on my arm
The phantoms dance around you
They have dead eyes just like you
We have barred the exorcist from entering
He stands outside cursing his god
Between the drumbeats there is frenzy
We dance to the frenzy
The dance is perforated with frenzy
It seeps through the bullet holes
Dancing around the puddles of blood
I removed your eyes so you could see
You see into the astral plane
I have no regrets to live with
My crimes are the world’s victories
You are not on the floor
You are in my bed reading a book
A book on witchcraft
The way you look at me is magical
Running through burnt fields
They burned the fields to destroy the weeds
I am blotted out by your absence
Existence is such a temporary thing
I ask the other girls questions that they can’t answer
You have all the answers
You have never failed a test
Dancing a few rounds
The music takes us to faraway places
To jungle island
The water is a beautiful blue
The natives’ faces spread across the waters
They have wide mouths and eyes of blue
Spread apart and detached
They watch and stare
Bobbing up and down to the music
The girls are steaming
Impatient to wait their turn
My love can only go so far

No comments:

Post a Comment